Retail network audit is the most accurate tool to provide the manufacturers and distributors with an important comparative information about what is happening to the products in the retail network, where they are sold to the end consumer.
A clear idea of the product behavior in the retail network is an
essential element of planning, development and performance control
over effective marketing and sales programs.
Retail audit data are used as a tool for a more balanced
decisions and minimization of risks in marketing and sales.
Retail network audit is not just a report about what was happening in the market, but also
a tool to forecast and take the pre-emptive actions.
The main objectives of the retail network audit include:
• Evaluation of the category growth dynamics;
• Evaluation of the sales seasonality in the market as a whole, by various segments;
• Share and price segments growth dynamics;
• Identification of sub-categories, which show an increase in dynamics.
• Competitive analysis:
• Dynamics of the market share of manufacturers, brands;
• Analysis of the causes of changes in the market share of brands (manufacturers);
• Tracking the entry of new brands and their development dynamics;
• Identification of the most vulnerable brands to attack.
• Assortment analysis:
• Analysis of the top-SKU representation of the Customer’s brands in comparison with its competitors;
• Assessment of the potential to increase sales by optimizing the product range;
• Identification of SKU with high turnover, requiring the increase in distribution;
• Recommendations regarding the withdrawal of low turnover items from trade networks;
• Identifying the competitors’ novelties and assessment of their development dynamics.
• Price analysis:
• Analysis of the competitive prices of the Customer’s products, identification of the potential for price increase;
• Recommendations for changing the level of prices of the Customer's trade marks in comparison with the change of the general price level for category/price segment;
• Monitoring the impact of the Customer’s products price level with respect to the average turnover in terms of network;
• Promotional/trade marketing activities analysis:
• Identification and analysis of the Customer's and competitors’ bundling;
• Analysis of the competitors’ price promotion efficiency;
• Identification and recommendations on the choice of the most effective activities considering the market conditions, depending on the regional preferences of the end user.
• Audit data are useful for:
• Marketing Department;
• Sales Department;
• TOP Managers.